|Body:||Spun Deer Hair|
|B. Legs:||Bucktail, Green & White|
|F. Legs:||White Rubber Legs|
|Eyes:||Large Doll Eyes|
Notes on tying:
1. Begin by spinning deer body hair over back 1/3 of hook and trim to shape.
2. Select 2 bunches of bucktail for leg and tie on either side in front of spun deer hair. These can be made moveable by attaching legs to a hook shank and attach to body using monofilament loops Trim away excess bucktail.
3. Spin more deer hair over next 1/3 of hook.
4. Add small bunches of rubber hackle strands for front legs making a overhand knot for realism.
5. Spin more deer hair on last 1/3 of shank for head.
6. Trim deer hair to shape.
7. Add doll eyes.
This is a variation of a pattern that is listed in Stewart's Bass Flies. When fishing for bass, cast it out and twitch it back letting it rest for several moments before twitching again.
Mike Jacobs 104 W. Burroughs Monticello IA 52310