|Thread:||Brown Moncord 3/0|
|Eyes:||Painted On Dots|
Notes on tying:
1. Tie in weed guard at bend of hook.
2. Tie in tail.
3. Tie in several clumps of deer hair, flaring them to fill in 2/3 of hook shank.
4. Tie in the ears.
5. Tie in one more small clump of flared hair with tips over top of hook in front of ears and spin more hair in head area to fill remainder of hook.
6. Trim head to shape with a razor blade.
7. Tie in whiskers.
8. Paint on the eyes with permanent marker.
9. Tie off weedguard and whip finish.
This is a variation of a pattern from Stewart's Bass Flys. It works well on bass and trout when cast near the edge of streams or lakes where mice could fall into the water.
Mike Jacobs 104 W. Burroughs Monticello, IA 52310