|Tail:||Wild Oak Turkey Quill|
|Body:||Gold Tinsel Chenille|
|Throat:||Gold Crystal Flash|
|Head:||Black & Yellow Deer Hair.|
Notes on tying:
1. Tie in 2 matched turkey segments with tips sloping parallel to shank.
2. Tie in chenille and wrap forward leaving 2/3 of shank open for deer hair.
3. Cut 3 strands of crystal flash into several bunches, even tips and tie down such that tips almost cover the hook point.
4. Spin black deer hair with tips uneven. Alternate blunt ends so that no portion of hair is spun with an even bunch.
5. Spin yellow hair the same as black hair.
6. Clip top and bottom flat with a slight taper in front. Cut the sides so that the hair flairs to the back leaving uneven tips and blunt ends.
This fly is a simplified version of Whitlock's deer hair gerbubble
bug bass fly. This uses 2 colors of deer hair, black and a bright
yellow. The body and throat should match the yellow. When fishing
it, use a stripping action. When the fly is pulled forward the
sides pull in along the body. During the resting stages the sides
flare out creating motion. This fly works well in murky or dark
Mike Hogue 2925 Grand Ave # 18 Des Moines, IA 50312