|Hook:||(T) 8089 Bent Back|
|Sides:||Pearl Flashabou, Dun Hackle|
|Wing:||Lamb's Wool, Peacock, & Krystal Flash|
|Throat:||Red Dubbing, Krystal Flash, Bucktail|
|Cheek:||Mallard Flank Feather|
Notes on tying:
1. Bend the hook just past the eye to form a bent back style.
2. Tie on chrome plated lead eyes with a figure 8 wrap at the end in the hook.
3. Wrap red wool yarn below the eye for the gill.
4. Layer the following: yarn, hackle, flash-a-bou, antron, & krystal flash.
5. Tie in white wool yarn, white bucktail, and pearl krystal flash mixed for beard.
6. Tie in small mallard breast feather for cheek and color eye with black dot.
7. Build head and tie off with whip finish.
This is a pattern that is listed in Flies for Bass and Panfish.
This fly works well cast down and across and retrieved slowly.
Jeff Moore 1040 2nd Ave Marion, IA 52302