|Tail:||Silver Gray Lamb's Wool & Crystal Flash|
|Skirting:||Wood Duck Breast Feathers.|
|Body:||Silver Gray Lamb's Wool|
|Over Coat:||G.E. Clear Silicone Seal.|
Notes on tying:
1. Tie in sparse tail.
2. Over the tail tie in 4 to 5 strands of crystal flash.
3. Tie in wood duck breast feathers splayed outward.
4. Spin in clumps of wool to eye.
5. Trim wool flat on the bottom, and taper the body like a dahlberg diver, leaving wool fan shaped.
6. Squirt a ribbon of silicone out and apply with a mixing stick, working it into the wool.
7. Turn the fly over and apply silicone to the bottom. Tease out a diver fin and cut it into a semi-round shape.
This fly has a soft feel to it and allows the tyer to shape
the wool into any form desired. Tied in the Dahlberg style it
will dive and create bubbles or with a hard strip it will act
as a popper that works great for bass.
Mike Hogue 2925 Grand Ave # 18 Des Moines, IA 50312