|Hook:||(M) 9674 + Weight|
Notes on tying:
1. Wrap entire hook shank with lead. Coat lead with flexament and let dry.
2. Tie in 3 to 5 strands of ostrich herl for tail.
3. Form dubbing loop and add rabbit fur with the guard hairs left in.
4. Dub coarse shaggy body and tie off.
5. Trim fur to make a tapered body.
6. Add hackle collar.
7. Whip finish head.
This pattern is best fished with a stripping retrieve for bass. This fly works well when made in brown, black and olive colors.
Nate Hopkins 23 Durham Ct. Iowa City, IA 52240