Notes on tying:
1. Holding ultrachenille between your thumb and index finger lightly singe the end of tail to produce the desired taper with a match or butane lighter.
2. Tie in ultrachenille 1/3 back from the eye of the hook and wrap it securely.
3. Stack elk hair and tie in with tips back for the caddis wing.
4. Split the elk hair and "X" wrap it.
5. Trim off the elk hair to form a head.
6. Whip finish.
This pattern is a modificaton by Jeff Moore of the Palomino Midge which was in Fly Fisherman March 1992. Crain fly patterns do not need legs to be effective.
Jeff Moore 1040 2nd Ave, Marion, IA 52302