|Thread:||Match Body Color 3/0-8/0|
|Tail:||Antron Or Z-Ion|
|Body:||Light Hare's Mask Underfur|
|Legs:||Hungarian Patridge Body Feather|
|Thorax:||Dark Color Hare's Mask with Guard Hairs|
|WCase:||Turkey Feather Over Deer Hair|
Notes on tying:
1. Tie in trailing shuck (length of hook shank) with an uneven taper.
2. Tie normal hare's ear lower body section with gold rib for lower 1/3 of fly.
3. Tie in wing case let hang while you dub the thorax.
4 Take Hungarian Patridge feather and cut the tip out to form a "V" shaped notch and tie it under the thorax with 3 or 4 loose wraps of thread.
5. Cut small amount of deer hair, even the ends and lay on top of thorax. Tie it down and pull turkey wing case forward. Tie down with 6 to 8 flat wraps.
6. Fold wingcase feather back and wrap down with 6 to 8 flat wraps.
7. Fold butts of deer hair back over top of fly. Hold and wrap.
8. In front of hair build head so hair lies back a little. Tie with a 1/2 hitch knot and then trim the hair butts and wingcase feather.
9. Tie off and cement head.
This pattern is an emerger pattern developed by Rodger Mitmoen based on a gold ribbed hare's ear. Cast it up stream in the riffles and let it dead drift.
Rodger Mitmoen 626 Sheila St Mt. Horeb, WI 53572