|Hook:||(T) 2457 or 2487|
|Thread:||8/0 Color To Match|
|Body:||Ultrachenille Color To Match|
|Thorax:||1/2 Muskrat, 1/3 Hares Mask, & 1/6 #20 Antron Blend|
Notes on tying:
1. Holding ultrachenille between your thumb and index finger lightly singe the end of tail to produce the desired taper with a match or butane lighter.
2. Tie in ultrachenille 1/3 back from the eye of the hook and wrap it securely.
3. Tie in Z-lon for the wing case on top of the hook.
4. Dub the thorax with a blend of 1/2 muskrat, 1/3 hares mask and 1/6 antron blend.
5. Pull Z-lon up over the thorax for wing case.
6. Trim off Z-lon at the hook eye.
7. Whip finish.
This is a pattern Mike Jacobs demonstrated in his fly tying class. It was listed in Fly Fisherman March 1992. It is best fished with a dead drift. It is effective during and in the absence of a midge hatch.
Mark Andracki 1105 12th Ave Coralville, IA 52241