|Tail:||White Hackle Fibers|
|Wing:||Micro Wing (Organza)|
Notes on tying:
1. Wrap hook with black thread.
2. Tie in MicroWing (8 to 10 fibers) 1/3 of the way back on hook. First tie in parallel with 1 or 2 wraps of thread and then turn at right angle to hook and tie with figure 8. Add drop of head cement on figure 8.
3. Wrap thread to back of hook and dub in small ball of black dubbing.
4. Tie in 3 or 4 small white hackle fibers (2X hook shank length) starting behind wing and wrapping back to the ball of yarn to split the tail.
5. Add in black dubbing to front.
6. Tie off.
This fly looks like a spent Trico on the water surface. This is a very effective pattern during the Trico hatches on trout streams in the Midwest. I cast it upstream and let it dead drift back or down stream using a parachute cast.
Mike Jacobs 104 W. Burroughs Monticello, IA 52310