|Thread:||6/0 Color to Match|
|Rib:||Fine Copper or Gold Wire|
|Legs:||Dark Rubber Legs|
|W Case:||Swiss Straw.|
|Eyes:||Small Bead Chain|
Notes on tying:
1. Start thread at eye and wind to above point of hook.
2. Cut a piece of lead about 1/2 length of hook and taper ends at 45 degrees.
3. Tie in wing case, rib, and chenille then wrap thread to front of lead strip.
4. Weave chenille to thread and tie off one strand of chenille.
5 Pull wing case forward, secure, rib with wire, secure wire.
6 Tie in 4 strands of rubber legs, wrap chenille between and in front of legs.
7. Pull wing case forward, secure, tie in eyes, and pull wing case over eyes.
8. Tie off wing case and remove remaining wing case and chenille.
This pattern is a combination of Whit's Dragonfly Nymph and Dan Bailey's Moss Back Stonefly Nymph. In rivers, use a dead drift or slight jerks. In lakes, use this fly around weed beds with short, quick jerks.
Lance Zook 4000 Rogers Road, NW Cedar Rapids, IA 52405