|Hook:||(T) 200R + Weight|
|Thread:||Black Or Brown 6/0|
|Tail:||Hackle Feathers Or Hare's Fur|
|Rib:||Oval Gold Wire|
|Wing Case:||Black Turkey Tail|
Notes on tying:
1. Tie 6 to 8 wraps of 0.015 lead around hook (1/3 back).
2. Tie in hare's fur for tail and gold wire for rib.
3. Dub a tapered body with hare's fur.
4. Wrap gold rib in opposite direction.
5. Tie in turkey to form wing-case (Shiny side up).
6. Dub more fur for the thorax.
7. Pull turkey feather over back, tie in and trim off surplus feather.
5. Tie off head.
This has been a highly successful pattern for trout. This fly imitates a variety of nymphs. It can be fished dead drift up or down and across.
Shawn Harmon 1393 2nd St Coralville, IA 52241