|Thread:||Light Brown or Tan 6/0|
|Tail:||3 Pheasant Tail Fibers|
|Body:||Pheasant Tail Fibers|
|Legs:||Pheasant Tail Fibers|
Notes on tying:
1. Start thread behind hook eye and wrap to hook bend.
2. Tie in tips of 3 pheasant tail fiber to form tail (length of hook gap).
3. Tie in gold wire and lift pheasant tail fiber butts while securing wire. Wrap thread to hook eye.
4. To form body wrap the butts of the pheasant tail toward hook eye (leave about 1 hook eye width for head).
5. Rib body with gold wire.
6. Tie in 3 Pheasant tail fibers for legs behind eye on bottom of fly (length should not quite reach hook point).
7. Wing Case Option: After wrapping body tie in 3-4 pheasant tail fibers (tips back). Pheasant tail fiber or peacock eye fiber are then used to dub thorax.
8. Pull Pheasant tail fibers over thorax to form wing case and tie down.
This is a pattern from a book. This fly fishes best upstream dead drift. When fished deep it will do a very nice job of attracting fish when at the end of the drift drag sets in and it is lifted from the bottom. Don't forget to release the fish.
Nate Hopkins 23 Durham Ct. Iowa City, IA 52240