|Hook:||(M)3906 OR (T) 2487 + Weight|
|Body:||Antron Blend (#20 Hares Ear)|
|Rib:||Tan 3/0 Monocord|
|Legs:||Dubbing Picked Out|
|Antennae:||Partridge Or Hen Pheasant|
Notes on tying:
1. Add 6-8 wraps of 0.015 lead wire to hook.
2. Tie in partridge feathers for tail.
3. Add plastic for shell back and the rib.
4. Dub body heavier in middle.
5. Pull plastic shell up over back of the body.
6. Rib body with monocord.
7. Add partridge feathers for antennae.
8. Tease out dubbing to simulate legs.
9. Finish head.
This is a pattern Mike Jacobs demonstrated in his fly tying class. He said it was a pattern of a fly shown to him by Ken Arp and used for trout. It is an effective scud pattern on many Midwestern streams when fished dead drift.
Mark Andracki 1105 12th Ave Coralville, IA 52241