|Tail:||2 Goose Quill Fibers|
|Abdomen:||Dark Brownish Black Fur|
|Legs:||Dark Hen Feather|
|Thorax:||Dark Brownish Black Fur|
|W Case:||Black Goose Quill Segments|
Notes on tying:
1. Wrap body with lead wire.
2. Tie in goose biots for the tail.
3. Dub body with fur dubbing up to 1/2 hook shank.
4. Wrap body with larva lace to give segmented look.
5. Add goose quill segments and fold back to form wing case. Tie down, add more dubbing and repeat this procedure.
6. Tie in hen feather divided style for legs.
7. Whip finish.
This is a pattern that is used in Michigan for steelheads in the late fall and early winter. Most people fish it dead drift and then retrieve it at the end of the run.
Don Lund 4257 Jasper Ave Iowa City IA, 52240