|Hook:||(T) 200R + Lead Weight|
|Tail:||Reddish Brown Goose Biots|
|Body:||Brownish Black Fur Dubbing|
|Rib:||Brown Larva Lace|
|Legs:||Black Hen Hackle|
|Wingcase:||Reddish Brown Swiss Straw|
|Ant:||Reddish Brown Goose Biots|
Notes on tying:
1. Wrap 10 wraps of 0.20 lead wire behind the eye.
2. Tie in goose biots for the tail.
3. Dub body with fur using a dubbing loop to give a more buggy appearance.
4. Palmer Larva Lace to give segmented look.
5. Add Swiss straw, fold it back and tie it down. Repeat this 2 more times.
6. Add two goose biots for the antennae.
7. Whip finish and add head cement.
This is a variation of a pattern listed in The Orvis Fly Pattern Index that works on trout, salmon and steelhead. It works well when fished dead drift.
Shawn Harmon 1393 2nd St Coralville, IA 52241