|Hook:||(T) 200 + Lead Weight|
|Tail:||Sili Legs (Brown)|
|Body:||Brown and Black Ultra Chenille|
|Legs:||Sili Legs (Brown)|
|Ant:||Sili Legs (Brown)|
|Eyes:||Black plastic bead chain|
Notes on tying:
1. Cut a piece of Larva lace lead and attach it to the lower 2/3 of the hook.
2. Tie on 2 Sili legs for the tail.
3. Tie in Brown and Black ultrachenille to weave the body. Weave the ultrachenille by using overhand knots with the black going over the top.
4. Tie in Swiss straw on top for the shell case.
5. Tie in 2 pair of sili legs on each side and wrap black ultrachenille.
6. Fold Swiss straw over dubbing needle and tie to body.
7. Tie in 2 more pair of sili legs for front legs and antennae.
8. Fold Swiss straw back and in front of the first set of legs.
9. Wrap ultrachenille in front of the first set of legs and tie off.
10. Tie in black plastic eyes with figure 8 wrap.
11 Pull Swiss straw over eyes, tie down and trim off. Whip finish head.
This is a pattern uses a weaving technique for ultrachenille.
It works well on trout and smallmouth bass. Fish this fly
using a dead drift.
Lance Zook 4000 Rogers Road, NW Cedar Rapids, IA 52405