|Tail:||Multicolored Crystal Flash|
|Body:||Multicolored Sparkle Braid|
|Wing:||Purple Rabbit Strip (1/4 inch) & Peacock Swords|
|Eyes:||Plastic Bead Chain|
|Gill:||Red 6/0 Thread|
Notes on tying:
1. Tie in the tail about as long as the hook shank.
2. Tie in body material and wrap to midpoint of hook shank.
3. Tie in rabbit fur and peacock for the wing.
4. Move the thread to 1/4 of the way behind the eye and tie in bead eyes.
5. Tie the first clump of crystal flash in front of eyes and on top of hook.
6. Turn hook over and tie in second clump of crystal flash on bottom of hook.
7. Tie thead as close to the eye of hook as possible then wrap to behind the eyes and whip finish.
8. Tie in red thread, pull crystal flash back to size it (it should just overlap the base of the wing) and tie it down behind eyes.
9. Whip finish red thread.
This a variation of a pattern that Lance Zook developed from a steelhead pattern he saw in the Orvis catalog after he heard that tournament crappie fisherman are also using fancy guppies for bait.
Lance Zook 4000 Rodgers Road NW Cedar Rapids, IA 52405