|Tail:||Black Marabou, Black Bear & Crystal Flash|
|Hackle:||Grizzle Hackle Feather|
Notes on tying:
1. Add Weight to the hook and wrap with black thread.
2. Tie in black bear and cover with black marabou with 2 or 3 strands of crystal flash.
3. Tie in the hackle feather and wrap body with the chenille.
4. Palmer the hackle forward.
5. Wrap fluorescent chenille behind the eye of the hook to form the egg.
6. Whip finsh.
This fly became popular in Alaska and is used for steelhead in the midwest. The black bear in the tail is a tip from A.K. Best's book on Production Fly Tying. It keeps the marabou from wrapping around the bend of the hook.
John Pursell 2301 8th Ct SW Altoona, IA 50009