|Tail:||Red & Yellow Hackle|
|Wing:||White Bucktail, or Z-lon|
|Hackle:||Red & Yellow|
Notes on tying:
1. Tie in red and yellow hackle fibers for tail.
2. Tie in and wind red chenille for the body.
3. Tie in ribbing tinsel and wrap 4 of 5 turns of tinsel to front of body.
4. Tie in white bucktail or z-lon for the wing.
5. Tie in red and yellow hackle at end of body and take 4 or 5 turns with each to form a collar.
6. Whip finish and apply head cement.
This is a pattern is listed in The Orvis Fly Pattern Index. It can be used for both steelhead and salmon by fishing it dead drift.
Shawn Harmon 1393 2nd St Coralville, IA 52241