|Hook:||(M)9672, 3665A or 79582|
|Tail:||Golden Pheasant Crest|
|Body:||Flat Gold Tinsel|
|Rib:||Palmered Brown Hackle|
|Wing:||Dark Brown Furnace|
|Cheek:||Jungle Cock Eye|
Notes on tying:
1. Tie in golden pheasant crest short and curved up for the tail and tag it with red monocord.
2. Tie in brown hackle feather for the rib.
3. Add tinsel 1/4 to 3/16 inch behind eye of hook and wrap to bend and return doubling back to the eye.
4. Rib by palmering a brown hackle feather. Make it heavier at the throat.
5. Tie in 4 dark brown furnace feathers for the wing which is topped following its curve with a golden crest feather.
6. Add the jungle cock eye for the cheek.
7. Tie off and finish head.
Originated by William Reynolds of Sturbridge, MA and named in honor of Mrs. Helen Bates of Long Meadow, MA. This is an excellent brown trout fly.
Glenn F. Davis 321 North 9th Ave Vinton, IA 52349