|Hook:||(M) 79580 + Weight|
|Thread:||White Flymaster Plus|
|Wing:||Mallard Flank Feather|
Notes on tying:
1. Tie in white marabou for tail. It should be the length of the hook shank.
2. Tie in chenille and wrap to front behind eye then wrap back.
3. Cover with a length of mylar, and attach in font and rear.
4. Coat mylar with "hard as nails".
5. Tie in pinches of blue and white organza above and below the body.
6. Add 5 to 7 strands of red organza on each side to give it a rainbow effect.
6. Add a small amount of red beaver and make throat.
7. Lay mallard wing over organza and tie in crooked and off to one side.
8. Finish of head and paint on eyes.
This is a pattern developed to look like a rainbow minnow. The organza gives it a shimmering apearance in the water. By putting mallard wing on crooked it will make the fly swim like a wounded minnow.
Daniel Peterson RR5, Box 82 Mt Pleasant, IA 52641