|Hook:||(M) 79580 + Weight|
|Thread:||White Flymaster Plus|
|Body:||White Chenille & Silver Mylar|
|U. Wing:||White Marabou|
|Wing:||Mallard Flank Feather.|
Notes on tying:
1. Tie in white marabou for tail about the length of the hook shank.
2. Tie in chenille and wrap to front 1/3 behind eye then wrap back.
3. Cut off length of mylar, remove core and tie it down at the back. Reattach thread at front and tie down.
4. Coat mylar with "hard as nails".
5. Dub small amount of red beaver and make throat.
6. Tie in underwing of marabou.
7. Lay mallard wing over marabou and tie in crooked and off to one side.
8. Finish of head and paint eyes.
This is a pattern from a book. It is a very good minnow imitation for crappie, & bass in the spring when things are slow. By putting mallard wing on crooked it will make the fly swim crooked.
Daniel Peterson RR5, Box 82 Mt Pleasant, IA 52641