|Hook:||(T) cord 700|
|Thread:||Red Monocord 6/0|
|Tail:||Red Krystal Flash|
|Body:||Flat Silver Tinsel|
|Hackle:||Christmas Tree Tinsel|
Notes on tying:
1. Tie in red krystal flash for the tail.
2. Wrap red monocord to form butt (1/3 length of hook shank).
3. Wrap tinsel body forwards.
4. Cut 1" pieces of rope garland. Attach one end wrap just like a feather hackle for a wet fly.
5. Whip finish and cement head.
This pattern was described by Gene Trump in '88' Fly Fisherman. It works well for smallmouth bass in streams during high and muddy water.
Scott Bauck c/o CMI Hwy 30 E Carroll, IA 51401