|Hook:||(M) 79580 + Weight|
|Thread:||Brown 3/0 Monocord|
|Body:||Olive Camel Hair|
|Wing:||Rabbit Fur, Olive|
|Head:||Clumps of Wool|
Notes on tying:
1. Wrap hooks with lead weight.
2. Tie in gold wire.
3. Dub body with olive camel hair.
4. Add olive rabbit strip for wing tied in matuka style. Wrap gold wire for the rib from the rear of the fly to the eye through the feather.
5. Add 2 grouse neck feathers one on each side for fins.
6. Comb out lambs wool, cut in half, and tie clumps of wool around the hook shank. Pack it tight like deer hair and add several clumps (Use different colors to give a mottled head).
7. Tie off and trim the head.
This is a variation of Whits Sculpin that is a good fly for bass and trout. Fish it near the bottom using a swimming action.
Garylee Thurm Box 33 Readlyn, IA 50668