|Tail:||Peacock Sword Fibers|
|Body:||2/3 Red Floss 1/3 Peacock Herl|
|Rib:||Fine Gold Wire|
|Wing:||2 Badger Saddle Hackles|
|Hackle:||Badger Hackle Fibers.|
Notes on tying:
1. Tie in peacock sword fibers for tail.
2. Tie in gold wire, red floss, and peacock herl.
3. Pull peacock up to the front of hook.
3. Wrap back 2/3 of hook with red floss and tie off.
4. Wrap front 1/3 of hook with peacock herl.
5. Rib fly with gold wire.
6. Tie in 2 badger saddle hackles.
7. Wrap saddle hackle collar style.
8. Whip finish head.
This is originally a western fly but it also works for trout in the midwest. It is also listed in The Orvis Fly Pattern Index.
Don Lund 4257 Jasper Ave Iowa City, IA 52240