|Hook:||(M) 79580 or 4 X Hook|
|Body:||Silver embossed tinsel|
|Wing:||Grizzly Neck Hackle|
|Underwing:||Gray Squirrel Tail|
|Throat:||Red Hackle Fiber|
Notes on tying:
1. Tie in red hackle for the tail.
2. Add tinsel 1/4 to 3/16 inch behind eye of hook and wrap to bend and return to thread.
3. Tie in gray squirrel tail under and 2 grizzly hackle feathers over for the wing.
4. Add jungle cock feathers for the cheek.
5. Tie in red hackle fiber for the throat.
6. Finish off head.
This pattern was originated by Ray Bergman. It may be fished with short twitches with the rod or stripping by hand. This fly works on trout, crappie and bluegill.
Glenn F. Davis 321 North 9th Ave Vinton, IA 52349