|Thread:||Black 6/0 (Head) and Red 6/0 Rear)|
|U body:||Stainless Steel Tape|
|Wing:||Rabbit Fur Strip|
Notes on tying:
1. Lay a base of 6/0 thread on hook shank where "Z" tape will be placed.
2. Apply "Z" tape to hook by folding tape over hook and press it into place.
3. Trim tape to shape with heavy duty scissors and smooth sharp edges.
4. Cut mylar tubing, remove core and slip tube over hook.
5. Whip finish front and back of body tubing.
6. Cut one end of a rabbit fur strip to form a point (Zonker strips) and attach the strip just ahead of the body near the hook eye.
7. Pull rabbit strip to the rear and secure with red thread forming a red band.
8. Trim off rabbit fur about 1/2 inch past the end of the hook bend.
9. Add grizzly hackle for collar and whip finish and coat head with epoxy.
This is a pattern conceived by Dan Byford that is used on smallmouth bass. Remember catch and release. You aren't going to be catching large fish if you keep everything you catch.
Nate Hopkins 23 Durham Ct. Iowa City, IA 52240