|Thread:||Black Danville Plus|
|Body:||Black Poly Rope (3/16")|
|Legs:||Orange Rubber Legs|
|Wing:||Sparkle Flashabou & White Calf Tail|
Notes on tying:
1. Cut 3/16" black poly rope about 2 " long and thread the hook shank through the rope leaving extended body of about 1/3 hook shank length.
2. Singe the ends of the rope to keep from unraveling.
3. Tie sparkle flashabou under white calf tail for the wing.
4. Tie in deer hair forward and then form a bullet style head out of it.
5. Add one orange rubber leg on each side of head.
6. Tie off with two single half hitches and apply head cement.
This is a modification of a fly that worked well near the Flaming Gorge Dam. It is a great pattern for trout and anything that swims. Thump it on the water and watch for pike-like swirls from all directions.
Sean Martin 1300 Country Club Dr. Marion, IA 52302