|Thread:||Brown Flymaster Plus|
|Rib:||Brown Hackle Feather|
|Wing:||Turkey Quill & Green Deer Hair|
|Legs:||Pheasant Tail Fibers|
Notes on tying:
1. Tie in red bucktail to extend 1/4 " past the bend in the hook.
2. Tie in yellow foam and brown hackle and wrap the body with foam.
3. Palmer the body with brown hackle and trim the hackle off the bottom.
4. Tie in olive green bucktail for the underwing extended over the hook eye.
5. Tie in mottled turkey quill for the wing case over the underwing.
6. Use 5 strands of ringneck pheasant tail fibers for each leg.
7. Wrap brown hackle to form a collar.
8. Whip finish and trim head off at a 45 degree angle extended over hook eye.
This is a pattern from Chris Tiemeyer of Cedar Rapids. Cast it up against the weeds along the bank and let it flop into the water.
Denny Redmond 415 Dunreath Dr. NE Cedar Rapids, IA