|Thread:||Flymaster 6/0 Olive|
|Body:||Yellow Deer Hair|
|Legs:||Lacquered Turkey Quill|
|Underwing;||Lemon Wood Duck|
|Wing:||Lacquered Pheasant Body Feathers|
|Head:||Deer Hair, Bullet style|
Notes on tying:
1. Tie in monofilament (#10) and burn the ends for eyes (optional).
2. Tie in yellow deer hair for body and rib with Monocord caterpillar style.
3. Add wood duck as underwings.
4. Add the pheasant feathers for wings and trim it to shape.
5. Tie in deer hair for head. First pull hair forward and then pull the hair back to form a bullet style head leaving a short collar. Wrap and tie off.
6. Tie in the legs.
7. Burn monocord for eyes (Optional) and cover head with Dave's Flexament.
This is a derivative of Henry's Fork and Dave's Hopper that works well on trout, bass and bluegill. Cast it up stream using a "splat cast" and let it drift.
John Heusinkveld Ranger Station, PO #199 Wausaukee,