|Hook:||(M) 94831 or 2 X Hook|
|Body:||Yellow Or Light Green Elk Hair|
|Underwing:||Light Yellow Deer Hair|
|Wing:||Brown, Speckled Hen Back Feather|
|Head:||Light Gray Elk Hair|
Notes on tying:
1. Tie in yellow elk hair 1/4" from eye and wrap back to bend.
2. Pull hair forwards enclosing hook shank. Wrap thread forward around body forming segments. Trim excess hair off (Body covers 3/4 of shank).
3. Tie in deer hair underwing at the front of the body with even tips. Wrap thread back and pull underwing down over the body. Cement in place.
4. Tie wing feather over deer hair. Tie down front of wing and cement it.
5. Tie in light gray elk hair forward then pull hair back forming a bullet shaped head. Whip finish forming a yellow collar. Clip hair from bottom.
This pattern was created by Mike Lawson on the Henry's Fork, Idaho. Although some pattern books lists this fly with rubber legs, Mike Lawson does not use legs on his pattern.
Frank Potter 3050 St. Anne Dr. Dubuque, IA 52001