|Thread:||Brown 3/0 Monocord|
|Body:||Light Yellow Poly|
|Wing:||Turkey Wing Quill|
|Hackle:||Brown & Grizzly|
Notes on tying:
1. Tie in red hackle for tail (short).
2. Fold the yellow poly at the bend to allow it to extend beyond hook bend.
3. Tie in brown hackle before wrapping body material.
4. Palmer the body with brown hackle and trim to taper into cone shape.
5. Tie in turkey wing feathers at the sides with the tips curving upward.
6. Tie in grizzly and brown rooster hackle matching the hook size. Wrap 2 or 3 turns of each and tie off.
This pattern is from Dick Stewart's Universal Fly Tying
Guide pg. 43.
Cast it along the edge of the stream and let the fly drift without drag. This is a great fly for trout, bass and panfish from July to October on streams.
Richard Larkin 1817 Buckingham Dr NW Cedar Rapids, IA 52405