|Thread:||Black 6/0 Or Flymaster Plus|
|Body:||Foam Rubber Spider Body|
|Legs:||White Round Rubber Hackle|
Notes on tying:
1. Wrap thread from hook of eye to a point about 1/2 way down the shank and attach foam body using 3-4 wraps.
2. Advance thread toward hook of eye and wrap thread over the front of the foam to form head.
3. Wrap thread to hook eye, only on hook shank and whip finish.
4. Get a sewing needle with a large eye and thread rubber hackle through it.
5. Run the needle through the center hump of spider at an angle so you form an "X" when finished.
6. Trim the leg length longer than you would on a normal fly to attract fish.
This is a variation of a fly that is used on bluegills. Cast it, allow it to set and let it set some more and more. Now lightly twitch it. Sometime a steady slow crawl will induce takes.
Nate Hopkins 23 Durham Ct. Iowa City, IA 52240