|Thread:||Match Body Color 6/0|
|Body:||Two Pieces Of Cylindrical Cork Or Balsa|
|Hackle:||Match Body Color|
Notes on tying:
1. Punch out two pieces of cork (or balsa) and drill a hole in the center of each.
2. Thread them together with a piece of monofilament line and burn the end of the monofilament to hold them in place. This gives a smaller head and a larger body separated by a short piece of monfilament to give it a segmented appearance.
3. Paint them the desired color.
3. Tie the monfilament to the back of a hook.
4. Wrap hackle in the segmented section for legs.
5. Tie off.
This is a pattern listed in The Orvis Fly Pattern Index. It is a lot easier to buy the pre-made bodies. Cast it near the bank and let it drift back in the surface film.
Don Lund 4257 Jasper Ave. Iowa City, IA 52240