|Rib:||Flat Silver Tinsel|
|Wingcase:||Wood Duck Flank Feather|
|Hackle:||Brown Hen Neck Feather|
Notes on tying:
1. Weight hook with 8-10 wraps of 0.015 lead.
2. Tie in peacock sword feathers for tail.
3. Wrap peacock herl forwards and tie off behind the eye.
4. Counter wrap Silver tinsel for ribbing.
5. Take 2 wraps of hen neck feather behind the hook eye and then trim off the top fibers to form beard.
6. Tie in clipped wood duck feather over the top of the fly for wing.
This is a pattern that was developed by Cliff Zug that is listed in The Orvis Fly Pattern Index. This fly works well when it is fished dead drift in the current.
Shawn Harmon 1393 2nd St Coralville, IA 52241