2017 Hawkeye Fly Fishing Assoc. Annual Live Auction
>>Only at the Banquet! Check registration for any remaining tickets.<<
1. ½ Day Guided Trip with Bear Creek Anglers, Decorah, IA. $10 for a $150 guided trip? You bet, if you’re the lucky winner of the heads-or-tails game. Check out Kent Kleckner and Bear Creek Anglers in the vendors room during the show and be sure to play!
2. Tom Schmuecker handmade bobbin – cocobolo. This bobbin is a handmade heirloom by Tom Schmuecker, Pres. and CEO of Wapsi Fly, Inc. (the largest supplier of fly tying materials in the world), which was in Independence, IA. Tom also is a founding and lifetime member of HFFA. Est. price $65. Owning a piece of Iowa fly fishing heritage? Priceless.
3. Pennington 7′ 4wt Bamboo Rod, Orvis Battenkill II Reel, SA Mastery WF4F Line, SA Backing. This is Steve’s upgraded Garrison 201E taper, 2-tip rod with tiger stripe reel seat, aluminum tube. “The Garrison 201E taper has emerged as the all-time favorite for midwest trout streams and, in my 30 years of bamboo building I have sold more of them than all other tapers combined.” Find it online – it’ll run $425. With reel & line this is a $618 value.
4. PS22 / Ed Lash Deer Hair Bass Bugs. From his vise in Brighton, IA, Dr. Ed Lash painstakingly stacks and shaves deer hair to craft some of the most perfect bass bugs in the country. He’s shared some special ones for this event. You’ll be tempted to keep these in a glass case, but they catch fish! Sold individually.
6. Brook Trout Wood Sculpture by Carvings by WAY-KO. From New Richmond, WI, Wayne Kolstad creates his stunning, one-of-a-kind, award-winning fish sculptures. This gorgeous brook trout seems to hover under the cover of driftwood. Wayne’s pieces sell from $495-800.
7. Hardy Jet Switch 10’6” 4/5 & Hardy Ultralight 4000 reel. You need this outfit!!! Trout-weight switch rod magic. Retail $864.
8. Framed print of original artwork by Jay “Fishy” Fullum. Fishy worked as a designer and graphic artist for 30 years and this talent is still on display whenever he illustrates magazine articles or a new book. His art is highly regarded and you can take one of his works home from the banquet.
There will be plenty of other items to bid on in our silent auctions, or win in the various raffles. All proceeds go to supporting HFFA, it’s programs and conservation in Iowa.